So you have probably heard about this program that everyone talks about when it comes to texturing. It is used for movies, for games and for both characters and environment. And you maybe want to see what is it all about? Then this course is probably right for you.
My name is Niko, and I am a character artist for more than a decade now. In this course I will show you how to start working with Substance Painter and make a nice good looking textures for your models by making a metal armour, horns, gold inlays and gowing eyes for our knight model.
In this course we will learn:
- Exporting the high poly meshes from ZBrush.
- Exporting the low poly mesh from 3Ds Max.
- Basics of Substance painter.
- Importing the meshes in to Substance painter.
- How to bake the textures in Substance painter.
- Making metal armor material.
- Playing with dust and scratches.
- Making fabric material.
- Making emissive glowing eyes.
- Exporting textures for UE4.
- Importing the model and textures in Marmoset Toolbag.
- Learn all about Marmoset Toolbag.
- Rendering our model in Marmoset with lights and making a turntable.
As a bonus and for strenghtening our skills in Substance painter and Marmoset toolbag we will make a realistic female head and realistic hand, baking and texturing.
I have created this course for absolute Substance Painter beginners, so no previous knowledge of either Substance painter or Marmoset Toolbag is required. All the files you will need to go trough this course are provided in the Project files folder so you don't need any other software if you only want to learn Substance painter and Marmoset Toolbag. So let's get started!